I can't wait til this week is over. I need another weekend. Not that I need to recover from my last weekend, but I don't think I really ever fully escaped weekend mode.


- students/professors hanging out in my office: this week it seems like people have taken me up on the "come hang out and say hi" offer I extend to everyone in my classes. I've gotten to talk about The Office, reading Twilight in Spanish, and how the best defense against me is a hug (because apparently I'll melt!). And the bribing with candy tends to work well. Thank goodness for Sam's Club and buying in bulk.
- Luna Nueva: Gretchen bought me New Moon in Spanish during her time in Spain. I'm really excited about it. It's been a while since I read it in English, but I remember enough to help me through it. I'm working through it in Spanish trying to get the idea of it, then if I'm really stuck I flip back to that passage in English to get the concepts/words I missed. I just bought a new Spanish/English dictionary since mine fell apart in college. I'm going to write down some of the words I learn in my own little notebook to help me. I'm a visual learner, but writing out vocab has always helped. To keep me honest, I'm going to report my progress each week. So far I'm on page 16 :)
- reading Catching Fire: I know that not everyone loved the second book, but I adored it. I've already mentioned that I'm a bit of a naive reader. But I'm ok with that. I like letting the writer lead me along the plot line. I don't want to figure things out before I supposed to. I like that shock factor when we finally discover something about a character that a more detailed reader sees the first time. I think sometimes that this is why I enjoy some things that might not be well-received otherwise. Back to Catching Fire, I loved it, I hated it, it made me cry, and still has me thinking about it on a constant basis!
- buying UD gear: I promised a few football players I'd go watch them play when I met them in the early summer program we had, so I figured Saturday night was a good time to go. Then I realized I'm a little low on the UD gear so I headed to the bookstore. Unlike my undergrad institution, the clothes are so decently priced. I bought the three items in pics below for just $48 tax-included (about what I'd pay for one hooded sweatshirt in college at a similar sized school).


Comments
Post a Comment