Wow. It's 8:30 and I just remembered I haven't blogged yet today. Oops. That tells you what kind of week I've had. The first week back with students and I forget everything. :) Without further adieu, my loves this week.
- going rummage saling with my mom: I spent the weekend at home with my mom. One of my favorite things to do with my mom is hitting garage sales throughout the city. Growing up, a lot of my clothes were garage sale buys. I love that I managed to find 2 sweaters, a vest, a zip-up hoodie, a long sleeve shirt, short sleeve button-up, 2 throw pillows, a tea kettle, glass measuring cup, and a photo frame tray for less than $20. Bargain shopping rocks!
- chilling with my mom and sister: We had a girls weekend at my parents. Saturday night watching cake-decorating contests with them was so much fun. Hanging out with them is always fun. We don't have to have anything planned to enjoy ourselves.
- Glee: I neglected to talk about the "Golddigger" preview Manda pointed out last week. I've watched it too many this week. I've also loved hearing everyone rave about Matthew Morrison's version of "Leaving on a Jetplane" from the director's cut this week. Most seem surprised he can sing. Those of us who are Broadway fans already knew this adorable man could sing. Hairspray anyone?
- my DVR: As TV starts coming back and my evening shift switches to Wednesday night, I'm grateful for my DVR. How else could I watch Glee and Modern Family when I'm at work. And oh goodness how am I going to deal with the Thursday night 7 pm central timeslot? Bones, Survivor, and FlashForward?? Which do I delegate to watching online the next day?
- library buddies: I've loved seeing all the students come back to campus, especially my library buddies. The ones who hang out in the library, stop by my office, and know me by name. (Now if only I could remember all of theirs!) I'm starting to even like "Miss Becky." Points to anyone who remembers the last time I let someone call me that. :)
- getting back into teaching: I love getting up in front of the class, and I love the social sciences, so getting to combine those is sort of a dream. It's draining to teach 8 classes in a week, but I really do love it. Especially when I see students get excited about research!
Oh Matthew Morrison, we love you. In fact, we love all things Broadway. The more mainstream you get, the better.
ReplyDeleteFor the funniest Matthew Morrison - check him out on this ep of Legally Brown, a promotion from In The Heights.
ReplyDeleteNot sure that link worked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J--8RD6ddDA
ReplyDeleteThe sales sound fun! I've always been absolutely useless at that sort of thing. If something isn't in front of my face in my size I'll never find it. Very envious! Also, I still find it insane how many Americans love to drink tea but don't own an electric kettle. I bought one for my bf's house and everyone was so perplexed by it, lol.
ReplyDeleteDVR is soo on my list this week.
Glad to hear you're enjoying work, it's great to hear that you're feeling motivated and connecting with people.
Re: Nicola. I've been an avid tea drinker since middle school! I had an electric tea kettle all through college. The one I bought at the sale was to replace the one my grad school roomie always had on the stove. My only problem with an electric one now is absolutely no countertop space in my kitchen. :(
ReplyDeleteYay for DVR!
ReplyDeleteAnd Matthew Morrison is half the reason I was so excited for Glee. Other than Hairspray I loved him in A Light in the Piazza and he was in the South Pacific revival. Plus Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, is Broadway too.