I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below.
What are you up to this month?
- April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival--I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too!
- April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I haven't been a baseball fan for terribly long. Kelly really got me started when I was in grad school. Since then I've split my allegiance between the Twins and Brewers. This will be my 4th Twins game in 3 years, but my first with Amy.
- April 20-21 FYA book club with Nicole--I blogged a bit about this book club a long time ago. (Book Club #2 in this post) We've been meeting every month since August 2011. In fact, that's how I met Nicole before she moved up to my city. I met her via a book club set up by a national blog. Yep. I know. This month's meeting is in Coralville, so while technically not a Dubuque event...it's a roundtrip I will make all in one day.
- April 27-28 Midsummer Night's Dream--The inaugural theatre production in our new arts building is my final April weekend event. Some of my new favorite professors are in it, and I cannot wait to see it. I think I may have at least one guest visiting to come see it too.
What are you up to this month?
Sounds like a great month!
ReplyDelete