Ok, I'm making it official. I'm doing the new-food-a-week challenge. Last week parsnips, this week red lentils. I'm thinking that I'll do one of Aarti's preparations. They look pretty similar and use the same technique of adding hot spiced oil to the lentils after they're cooked. Ironically Amy is also cooking red lentils this week, using her friend's recipe.
I also bought orzo pasta while I was at my favorite store, Calico Bean Market. I went in for some durum flour and came out with orzo, red lentils, and some munchies. I love it so much. It's got all the spices and herbs I need for my recipes at ridiculously low prices. I mean I bought sesame seeds, chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, corn chips w/ flax seeds, plus the orzo and lentils for about $11. How ridiculous is that?
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for next week. What new food should I make??
I also bought orzo pasta while I was at my favorite store, Calico Bean Market. I went in for some durum flour and came out with orzo, red lentils, and some munchies. I love it so much. It's got all the spices and herbs I need for my recipes at ridiculously low prices. I mean I bought sesame seeds, chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, corn chips w/ flax seeds, plus the orzo and lentils for about $11. How ridiculous is that?
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for next week. What new food should I make??
Give quinoa a shot. I love it, and it's so easy to make a million ways.
ReplyDelete