It is destined to be one of those weeks where you get posts only composed of bullet points. You know how it is. Plus, it's a Thursday and I haven't done one of these in a while (ignoring the fact that Tuesday's post kinda looked like one).
- my BEDA buddies-- It has been over 2 years since that fateful day when I signed up for Maureen's Blog Every Day in April challenge. There I got paired up with 3 other ladies. Two years later we're still talking constantly. Fate, Maureen, and a shared sense of crazy brought us together, for which I will always be grateful. Nicola, Autumn, and Christina, you ladies rock. I don't tell you that enough.
- YA authors-- YA authors rocked this week. Maureen Johnson held her own and rather eloquently defending YA lit from the accusations it has become too dark. I would link the NPR story here, but it's tough to listen to as it wasn't moderated well and the person who disagreed with her didn't exactly listen to her comments. If you want to find it you can. Scott Westerfeld also took up the issue this week with a blog post. I'll link that here. It gets at the issues of parents and reading. It urges teens to talk to their parents about what they're reading so they don't hear it from "scare tactic" news sources first. Brilliant. John Green's book to be released next spring is still in the top 15 books, and the book doesn't even have a cover yet!! Oh and as I'm typing this Maureen is crowdsourcing her outfit to the ball at LeakyCon because she lacks room to pack another outfit. She is simply amazing.
- quinoa-- I was bemoaning (surprising I know) the fact that I needed to grocery shop but had no desire to do so to Amy the other day. This is due in part to the fact that it's been quite warm here and cooking usually involves heat. Amy took upon herself to write my shopping list for me. One thing she put on there (despite it requiring turning on a burner) was quinoa. I voiced concern that I've never successfully cooked rice, but she swore I'd be fine. She was right (of course). I made it tonight and loved it!! My new fave food. So friends, what's your fave quinoa recipe?
- Google-- I got an invite to Google + today, I switched over to the new view in Gmail, and I've just noticed the back end change in Blogger. It all seems a little white to me, but I think I can get used to the clean simple look. I appreciate things will looks similar and have functions in similar places. Google you already own my soul, why not the rest of my life?
- Dave's Happy Endings--
- "While Hollywood's all happy endings, I'm 25 and still pretending I'll get by forever spending all my time alone." With lyrics like that how cannot I not absolutely adore this song?? I would tell you how many times I've listened to this song today, but I lost count. I can tell you it's less than the 1,205 views the video has. P.S. Go vote for Dave. You know how. If not, click here.
- seeing friends-- A college friend is moving just an hour away from me this weekend. I'm stoked. I miss having my friends that close. This friend in particular who spent the last year 13 timezones away from me!
Comments
Post a Comment