No, not that writing challenge. As what feels like the rest of the world is gearing up for National Novel Writing Month, I'm gearing up for another writing challenge. There is no way I'm up for writing a 50,000 word novel this month. Because that would involve having a plot and organization and ideas and all sorts of other things I don't currently have and will not be procuring in the next hour.
So instead I've decided to do something NaNoWriMo inspired. My goal is to write 25,000 words this month. No plot or novel landscape to haunt me. Just 25,000 words. Now if you do the math that's 833.3 (repeating) words a day. That's a bit of a stretch for blog posts. I'll probably end up shooting for a minimum of 500 a day and make up for it with longer posts toward the end of the month. Or maybe I'll get inspired and you'll get some longer narrative pieces by the end of the week. There are no "you must write x amount every day" stipulations. In fact there isn't even a "you must write/post every day" one either. Maybe I'll end up writing a series of 6 short blog posts a day. Who knows. We all know I never quite end up with what I plan to when I start these things.
I promise this isn't a spur of the moment decision. I've been thinking about this for a while. I think it will be a good way to get back into writing, something I have sorely missed and seriously need a kick to get moving on. And not just my creative stuff. I'll probably knock out some traditional blog posts as well as some more creative stuff. Hey, maybe if I'm really feeling it, I'll do some academic stuff too.
Just thought I'd throw this post out as fair warning. Not that there are many people still reading this regularly. It's time to resurrect this blog for real, (yes I know I've said it before, I really mean it this time) and maybe find some inspiration along the way.
And no, just in case you were wondering, these 366 words don't count.
So instead I've decided to do something NaNoWriMo inspired. My goal is to write 25,000 words this month. No plot or novel landscape to haunt me. Just 25,000 words. Now if you do the math that's 833.3 (repeating) words a day. That's a bit of a stretch for blog posts. I'll probably end up shooting for a minimum of 500 a day and make up for it with longer posts toward the end of the month. Or maybe I'll get inspired and you'll get some longer narrative pieces by the end of the week. There are no "you must write x amount every day" stipulations. In fact there isn't even a "you must write/post every day" one either. Maybe I'll end up writing a series of 6 short blog posts a day. Who knows. We all know I never quite end up with what I plan to when I start these things.
I promise this isn't a spur of the moment decision. I've been thinking about this for a while. I think it will be a good way to get back into writing, something I have sorely missed and seriously need a kick to get moving on. And not just my creative stuff. I'll probably knock out some traditional blog posts as well as some more creative stuff. Hey, maybe if I'm really feeling it, I'll do some academic stuff too.
Just thought I'd throw this post out as fair warning. Not that there are many people still reading this regularly. It's time to resurrect this blog for real, (yes I know I've said it before, I really mean it this time) and maybe find some inspiration along the way.
And no, just in case you were wondering, these 366 words don't count.
Comments
Post a Comment