After seeing Manda's post today, I knew I really needed to write one of these. There are so many things I love this week.
- Cassie Clare's Clockwork Prince--I loved her Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones etc.) but when she started the pre-sequel series, a steampunk trilogy set in London I knew I was a goner. I have been feverishly reading CP since I finished my reread of Clockwork Angel. I'm on page 250 of 500. I know characters will die (there's always someone in the books) but there is one in particular to whom I am way too emotionally attached. If Clare kills him, I will not be able to bring myself to read the third book. I'm that invested. God, I love these books.
- baking--tonight I went a little baking crazy. I hope to chronicle the events of tonight at some point over the weekend. Let's just say my oven has never been so busy in one 8 hour period. 12 loaves of bread and 16 biscuits later, I am almost done with my gift baking. Almost.
- the library staff--Hyperbole aside I am pretty sure I work with one of the best staffs assembled in a library anywhere. So blessed to have people around me who care for me. And give me crap when I need it. Who know when to tell me I'm crazy (wanting a library carnival complete with ball pit) and when not to (creating a database of supreme court cases). Who have gotten me through rough patches and have me smiling at every staff meeting. I don't know what I did to deserve them, but I'm never giving them up.
- this weather--I know living in the upper Midwest I'm supposed to be all lovey dovey about snow. I'm not. I will take this rain and fog during the month I have the most necessary travel. If I'm given a choice of having snow for Christmas or getting to spend it with my family not worrying about someone being on the road, I choose the latter every time.
- my family--Both immediate and extended. I wish we'd spent those 2 days together for happier reasons, but I always love spending time with family. And I mean extended family. Cousins, their kids, my great aunt and uncle, my late aunt's sisters, my cousins' aunt and uncle from the other side of the family. I have a ridiculously close family. I know that. It's probably odd to most of you, but it's all I've ever known. It wasn't until I was in high school that I realized it's weird to know and call your aunt's siblings by name. Or think of your uncle's mother as a surrogate grandmother. I'm glad to prove John Green wrong knowing not only my sibling as "adults," but my cousins too.
:)
ReplyDelete