What is it about April that drives me to start new projects? Or resurrect old ones. I honestly think it has a lot to do with the weather. Anything seems possible when you finally feel like you can be outside for more than a few minutes without a coat or 3 scarves. Maybe that's just me. I'm not an outdoorsy person by any means, but I love being outdoors. I can spend hours at a park reading or writing or playing on the swings. (Sidenote: I love swing sets. Like love them.) In the winter I go stir crazy being indoors all the time. I want to go on walks or sit at the park and read a book outside. Or write. I don't know that I've ever really considered myself a writer, per se, but I've done a lot of writing in my day. And oddly enough, a good chunk of that writing has taken place outside. This has definitely been aided by the fact I love to write long hand. Don't get me started on all the 8,000 journals and notebooks half (or barely filled) with random musings, or beginnings of stories or long forgotten to do lists.
But that's beside the point. I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that after an almost 2 year hiatus, I think I'm back to blogging for a while. April is as good a time as any to start this again. It's always been a renewal point for me.It's time for another Blog Every Day in April. BEDA Round whatever number it is, here I come.
And, I miss it. I miss writing. I'm not sure what format that's going to look like here. It might not be consistent blog stuff. It might be creative stuff. It might be some academic or library teaching stuff. Who knows. I just know that it feels good to be writing again. And being outside again.
But that's beside the point. I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that after an almost 2 year hiatus, I think I'm back to blogging for a while. April is as good a time as any to start this again. It's always been a renewal point for me.It's time for another Blog Every Day in April. BEDA Round whatever number it is, here I come.
And, I miss it. I miss writing. I'm not sure what format that's going to look like here. It might not be consistent blog stuff. It might be creative stuff. It might be some academic or library teaching stuff. Who knows. I just know that it feels good to be writing again. And being outside again.
Comments
Post a Comment