I don't know how many of you have been witness to my Olympic obsession (partially because I'm not sure who 'you' are). For those of you who are unaware, I'm crazy about the Olympics. My passion is really the Winter Games, but the Summer Games still absolutely capture my attention. I love gymnastics, diving, track and field, swimming, tennis, basketball...you know the biggies. But I'll find myself watching rowing, water polo and shooting like it's my job. I just get sucked in. And the human interest stories always get me. Always. If I could figure out how to not sleep for 2 weeks, I'd be watching coverage all day. I'm sad that live tennis is at 2am. Sadly I have to be at work at 7:30 so 2am is a little early/late to be awake watching tennis.
Thankfully like 4 other people at work are about as obsessed as I am. So there's a rule...no results at work or someone is likely to throw you off the roof. And we'll all have something running on the computer during the day. We all have our favorite sports and talk about the athletes like we know them. Granted one of the women at work is related to a javelin thrower. The girl is her cousin's daughter.
I just watched the 4X100 freestyle relay. That has got to be one of the most amazing races I've ever seen. Amazing. My poor neighbors must think I'm crazy. OMG. That was absolutely thrilling and what the Olympics are all about!! That Michael Phelps clip is going to be the media clip for the next 24 hours. And rightfully so. :)
Some of my favorite family memories are watching the Olympics. It's a little weird to watch them alone in my apt. Thanks to the wonders of technology I can watch them with Amy and Kelly on chat and Em on text messages. I absolutely love it!
Thankfully like 4 other people at work are about as obsessed as I am. So there's a rule...no results at work or someone is likely to throw you off the roof. And we'll all have something running on the computer during the day. We all have our favorite sports and talk about the athletes like we know them. Granted one of the women at work is related to a javelin thrower. The girl is her cousin's daughter.
I just watched the 4X100 freestyle relay. That has got to be one of the most amazing races I've ever seen. Amazing. My poor neighbors must think I'm crazy. OMG. That was absolutely thrilling and what the Olympics are all about!! That Michael Phelps clip is going to be the media clip for the next 24 hours. And rightfully so. :)
Some of my favorite family memories are watching the Olympics. It's a little weird to watch them alone in my apt. Thanks to the wonders of technology I can watch them with Amy and Kelly on chat and Em on text messages. I absolutely love it!
Comments
Post a Comment