Ugh...I really want to be able to keep up with this blog. However, I have to admit, if I can't keep up with it during the summer, the school year might be tough. But we'll see...I'll just have to keep trying it.
Since I last posted, I've pretty much spent most of my time watching the Olympics. I've decided that I enjoy watching water polo. Yeah, I know. Awkward. But I sort of feel like it might be a gateway sport to soccer and hockey (two sports I never really got into.) Besides I'll admit, it's pretty hard to find more athletic people. I mean, they have to be able to swim, throw around a ball, and tread water (and keep like half their body out of water to play goalie), all the while trying not to drown when their competitors try to drag them under water. Easy right? Right.
Now that the Olympics are done, I'll be spending my time watching the U.S. Open when I'm home. Gotta love 2 week tennis tournaments. Granted a lot of the matches are played during the day when I'm not home, so that means I end up just checking scores, but it's better than nothing.
I also spent time the weekend hanging out with Manda and one of her college friends in Dubuque this weekend. We went to Irish Hooley (a festival) and saw Gaelic Storm perform. Lots of fun. I can't say I knew much about the band or any of their music before seeing them, but I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and actually felt like I was able to participate in it despite knowing none of the words. Besides, how can you not like a band who has a song titled "The night I punched Russell Crowe" based on a true story. :) Seriously. Look it up. It's hilarious...and catchy.
Tomorrow I teach my first info lit session tomorrow. I'm pretty sure my boss will be on the reference desk while I teach, so I maybe going it alone. We'll see. I think I'll be ok. I get to see it taught twice before I have to teach it myself. I should be able to pull that off right? I'll let you know soon what I thought, and how it went.
This weekend I'll be in Clear Lake visiting Gretchen!! (Yay.) And next weekend I'll spend Saturday in Milwaukee with Anna at a Brewer's game, and swing through Madtown on Sunday for church. (I totally miss my choir kids!) I just have to live through this crazy busy week first. Right. And breathe. Wish me luck!
Since I last posted, I've pretty much spent most of my time watching the Olympics. I've decided that I enjoy watching water polo. Yeah, I know. Awkward. But I sort of feel like it might be a gateway sport to soccer and hockey (two sports I never really got into.) Besides I'll admit, it's pretty hard to find more athletic people. I mean, they have to be able to swim, throw around a ball, and tread water (and keep like half their body out of water to play goalie), all the while trying not to drown when their competitors try to drag them under water. Easy right? Right.
Now that the Olympics are done, I'll be spending my time watching the U.S. Open when I'm home. Gotta love 2 week tennis tournaments. Granted a lot of the matches are played during the day when I'm not home, so that means I end up just checking scores, but it's better than nothing.
I also spent time the weekend hanging out with Manda and one of her college friends in Dubuque this weekend. We went to Irish Hooley (a festival) and saw Gaelic Storm perform. Lots of fun. I can't say I knew much about the band or any of their music before seeing them, but I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and actually felt like I was able to participate in it despite knowing none of the words. Besides, how can you not like a band who has a song titled "The night I punched Russell Crowe" based on a true story. :) Seriously. Look it up. It's hilarious...and catchy.
Tomorrow I teach my first info lit session tomorrow. I'm pretty sure my boss will be on the reference desk while I teach, so I maybe going it alone. We'll see. I think I'll be ok. I get to see it taught twice before I have to teach it myself. I should be able to pull that off right? I'll let you know soon what I thought, and how it went.
This weekend I'll be in Clear Lake visiting Gretchen!! (Yay.) And next weekend I'll spend Saturday in Milwaukee with Anna at a Brewer's game, and swing through Madtown on Sunday for church. (I totally miss my choir kids!) I just have to live through this crazy busy week first. Right. And breathe. Wish me luck!
Comments
Post a Comment