I swear I didn't forget to blog yesterday I was just too tired after the conference to blog. So here it is. Hope you enjoy!!
- going to a conference with my director- You know that I love my staff, but if I haven't already mentioned it like 100 times, my director is hilarious. I don't have room to tell you all of the stories, but I'll tell 2 short ones. The cocktail hour was a little dull, so Mary Anne decided to spice it up a little, by playing Funky Town on her Blackberry. Sadly for us (and the rest of the attendees) Funky Town hadn't made it to the phone yet, but she settled for Beyonce's Single Ladies instead. This was of course companied by dancing (not the dance). We couldn't find the volume control so it was a small party, but so fun! The second story about the mentorship program. She'd volunteered to be a mentor for a new librarian. She explained the situation to Amy and I as follows. "I am the mento, that's what they call us. I'm looking for my manatee...her name is Lois. Have you seen my manatee?" It's times like this that make me glad to call Mary Anne my mento for life!!
- hearing Jessamyn West and Lee Rainie speak- I am a geek. I was so excited to hear both of these people speak at the Iowa Library Conference this week. Neither disappointed. In fact, I kinda want to move to Vermont and be Jessamyn. She was energetic, engaging, and enthusiastic.
- becoming an official Iowa resident- Amy ordered Pizza Ranch tonight. My first experience. Now I'm officially an Iowan :)
- going running- After the UW-Iowa fiasco on Saturday I decided to go out for a run. I haven't gone running in years. It felt great to get out. I certainly didn't thrive, but I survived it. And then I went again Monday and it was easier. I kinda miss it. It was good to get back to it.
- making applesauce for Amy- Amy bought a bunch of apples and requested applesauce. I made it and we added cloves and nutmeg. It's fabulous :)
hahaha, Me n Eds pizza is the Central California equivalent! They still won't consider me an honourary citizen because I don't like it =(
ReplyDeleteWould love to hear more about the talk!
Wait...you ORDERED pizza ranch? I thought that was against the law? You need to go to the buffet!
ReplyDelete@Kelly Yep. Amy's sick so we stayed home.
ReplyDelete@Nicola Jessamyn's talk was fun. We got to hear about working in rural libraries and about how to explain technology and how to use it cheaply!
I highly recommend trying the buffet some time. I bet it's better than delivery...though man, their pizza can't be that bad any way.
ReplyDelete(also my word for verification is "twitiard" which is hilar.)