Tonight I drove an hour to Mount Vernon to see Sarah. And then we got in a car and drove another half hour to Cedar Rapids to see Company in the theatres. We were both a little surprised to see an $18 ticket price, but for the chance to see the filmed version with those names (Neil Patrick Harris, Patti Lupone, Christina Hendricks, Stephen Colbert, etc.) we ponied up the dough. And boy was it ever worth it. Beautifully acted. Well staged and filmed for the big screen. And the singing was beyond amazing. Twice I had to remind myself to breathe when NPH was singing. I went in thinking it would be great, but it blew away even those expectations. And as always great theatre-loving company...for Company. I have the best friends ever.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9
OK. I am beyond jealous. That is playing here in Omaha, for four dates, and I have to work for all four!! I have the other three nights free, but no dice. I am very frustrated. It had better come out on DVD.
ReplyDelete