So being the liaison to the core curriculum, I'm the librarian the directors of the core curriculum work with the most. One of those people also happens to be the chair of one of my liaison departments. This is clearly someone I want to have a good impression of me. One way to not accomplish this is being unable to locate the movie she and her colleague were showing in class 20 mins later when it was supposed to be on reserve, but wasn't, and then was supposed to be on the shelf, but wasn't. Thankfully the circ student (love her) and I managed to find it without panicking too much (mostly on my end.) I was also able to refrain from saying "well if you'd grabbed it more than 20 mins before class started...we might not have had to be so frantic."*
Although I thought the experience was rather awkward and embarrassing, both professors seemed rather thankful we were able to find it, and appreciative in general of "all that I do." Whew. And now back to the last hour and a half of my reference desk shift. :)
*Also key is the fact that we didn't actually own this movie 4 weeks ago. We only own it now because the other director of the core curriculum was going to show it, and I thought it might be a good idea to have a copy because the prof didn't believe it needed to be on reserve because no one would miss the class when he showed it. Seriously.
Although I thought the experience was rather awkward and embarrassing, both professors seemed rather thankful we were able to find it, and appreciative in general of "all that I do." Whew. And now back to the last hour and a half of my reference desk shift. :)
*Also key is the fact that we didn't actually own this movie 4 weeks ago. We only own it now because the other director of the core curriculum was going to show it, and I thought it might be a good idea to have a copy because the prof didn't believe it needed to be on reserve because no one would miss the class when he showed it. Seriously.
Comments
Post a Comment