Like Autumn, I did not have a spectacular week, but like she said it's all about perspective. And though there were lots of things I didn't love this week, here are a few things I did!
Other things I loved: my coworkers-for making today a mental health day, watching 7 people parachute into the field across the street for a festival, playing bananagrams w/ my coworkers at lunch, video chatting w/ my my sis in Madison and my parents at home all at once, ice cream therapy, and knowing I've got the girls blog posts to read!
- a haircut: I tend to be that girl who gets emotional haircuts. I break up with a boy---I chop my hair, I'm going on a long trip to D.C.---I chop my hair, I go to grad school---3 months later I chop my hair. I'd have a sucky week, so I cut my hair. I've been thinking it was too long and obnoxious for a while, and I've been walking past the salon on my street the last 3 days, so I said, you know what, I need a change. And this is what I ended up with. I love it!! It's totally brightened my mood.
- farmer's markets: I hit up our local market Saturday morning with a student worker who had never been before. I got some great produce and had a fun time just getting out and wandering around the downtown again. I spent a lot of time downtown at the library and independent bookstore and the coffee shops last summer, but I sort of abandoned it during the icy winter months as I live on the top of the bluff and it's at the bottom. It was nice to get reacquainted.
- solving problems with simple solutions: I found a way to solve our reference statistics problem using Google Docs. It took me no time at all to set up, and my supervisor really loved the idea. Too bad I can't get them to give Google the credit, not me.
- long phone conversations with friends: After a pretty frustrating and awful dinner meeting, I needed to come home and talk it out. It's not quite like having her at home, but the 2 1/2 hour convo with Amy was just what I needed.
- watching sports on tv: I've gotten to watch the Brewers on tv 3 times this week, and it's also time for Wimbledon. I love televised tennis. I'm looking forward to the all Andy semi tomorrow. I love Roddick, but have a healthy respect for the 22 yr old Brit too. :)

Other things I loved: my coworkers-for making today a mental health day, watching 7 people parachute into the field across the street for a festival, playing bananagrams w/ my coworkers at lunch, video chatting w/ my my sis in Madison and my parents at home all at once, ice cream therapy, and knowing I've got the girls blog posts to read!
hair = love! so cute!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the hair! the curls are so cute :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Those are natural.:)
ReplyDeleteYour hair really does look awesome. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteSorry your week wasn't so great, but hopefully the next week will be better (for you and for me!)
Yay for farmer's markets. I always forget to go to the one here because I usually work Saturday mornings but they can be so great.
And I followed that bananagram link and that looks so weird but a lot of fun too.