My mom taught me how to crochet when I was younger. We're talking like middle school age. I took it up and crocheted pretty consistently for a little while. Forgot about it for a few years, and then picked it back up in high school. My freshman year of college, I learned my roommate was also a crocheter. I made scarves for all my friends that year. I crocheted on and off for the rest of college and grad school. Then when I got to Dubuque I sort of put the hooks away. Then my coworker started up a knitting and crocheting club. I couldn't make meetings for a while, but I made a point of getting there the last 2 weeks. Using the yarn I had sitting around I made myself a scarf. I tend to wear a lot of scarves in the spring and my waredrobe is sorely lacking in non-pink scarves. This is the one I made to fix that.
I am the queen of starting crocheting projects and then not finishing them. I think I currently have 4 projects I've started in the last 2 years. To be completely honest, I think this is the first crocheting project I've actually completed since I got here. I'm proud of it. Now I just have to figure out what the next one is going to look like. :)
I am the queen of starting crocheting projects and then not finishing them. I think I currently have 4 projects I've started in the last 2 years. To be completely honest, I think this is the first crocheting project I've actually completed since I got here. I'm proud of it. Now I just have to figure out what the next one is going to look like. :)

Comments
Post a Comment