I slept in and then watched everyone post about the snow and shoveling out and the horrendous drifts before I even dared venture outside. The video below is what I found.
I woke up this morning to find my car hadn't been ticketed or towed. (Thanks police and church proprietors!) It started right up. The city had managed to plow curb to curb on my street, thanks to my neighbors and I who all managed to find another place to put our vehicles for a while. And then when I got to work?? I found the sidewalks beautifully cleared and the parking lot looked better than it has since ... the first week of December? (Ok, probably New Year's when it all melted...but still.) Now I realize Madison is a much bigger city (and I only drove on main roads here), but seriously? When we got 14 inches over MLK day 3 years ago, no way did it look like this 24 hours afterwards. Well done Dubuque. Madison I miss your restaurants and downtown shopping, but Dubuque I'll take your snow removal any day!! Dubuquers you don't know how good you have it!
Comments
Post a Comment