I truly didn't mean to go this long without blogging. I've started writing 2 different posts only to abandon them without publishing. I guess it's sort of illustrative of my mood lately.
This past week has been tough. I've felt overwhelmed and busy. Not one thing, just a mess of a lot of things. Most things I didn't really have control over, or those little things you just cannot pinpoint or identify. Close to tears at least once, I realized I hadn't been this bad in a long time.
Somehow I got a few things done and lowered my standards on a few things so I could check them off the list. And it was like the fog clearing a little. I'm still not quite 100% Becky yet, but I'm getting way closer than the ghost that I've been this week.
I've got a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. I've got 2 conference presentations to knock out. New instruction, a long weekend and Dave Barnes concert with Amy, book club and writing parties, and seeing a bunch of friends. And the books. So many books to read!
It's early yet, but I feel like I'm behind on reading. The Fault in Our Stars threw me off. There was nothing I could read after that. I took a good week off before I tiptoed into a new book. I love John Green so much, but I'm a little afraid the book might have put so many books out of their league. We'll see. A post about the book coming soon. This time I promise.
This past week has been tough. I've felt overwhelmed and busy. Not one thing, just a mess of a lot of things. Most things I didn't really have control over, or those little things you just cannot pinpoint or identify. Close to tears at least once, I realized I hadn't been this bad in a long time.
Somehow I got a few things done and lowered my standards on a few things so I could check them off the list. And it was like the fog clearing a little. I'm still not quite 100% Becky yet, but I'm getting way closer than the ghost that I've been this week.
I've got a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. I've got 2 conference presentations to knock out. New instruction, a long weekend and Dave Barnes concert with Amy, book club and writing parties, and seeing a bunch of friends. And the books. So many books to read!
It's early yet, but I feel like I'm behind on reading. The Fault in Our Stars threw me off. There was nothing I could read after that. I took a good week off before I tiptoed into a new book. I love John Green so much, but I'm a little afraid the book might have put so many books out of their league. We'll see. A post about the book coming soon. This time I promise.
Comments
Post a Comment