Last week was the first week that I failed to watch a "new to me" movie this year. It was one of my resolutions this year. And I think it was the last one I broke. Mid-April's not too bad. But I promise to make up for it this week. You know why? This week is the inaugural Julien Dubuque International Film Festival.
After Kyle got held up by family obligations (totally forgiven because I adore his grandmother), Gretchen came to the rescue to be my house guest and film date for the weekend. We bought the 10-pass pack (we'll split it for 5 films a piece). We went to town today tearing apart the schedule to figure out what films we wanted to see, and then if we could find a way to do that without double booking ourselves.
We ended up with:
If you're around the Dubuque area this weekend, you should think about going to a screening. They're just $8 a ticket, cheaper than the evening prices at some of the theatres around here. (Just saying.) All of the locations are within a 4-block radius downtown. Close to lots of great food. Want to know what they're showing? Check out the film festival website. Maybe on Sunday I'll write up my reviews!
After Kyle got held up by family obligations (totally forgiven because I adore his grandmother), Gretchen came to the rescue to be my house guest and film date for the weekend. We bought the 10-pass pack (we'll split it for 5 films a piece). We went to town today tearing apart the schedule to figure out what films we wanted to see, and then if we could find a way to do that without double booking ourselves.
We ended up with:
- Searching for Sonny
- Route 66: Ten Years Later
- The Forest Prince and the Pigman: Hitchhiking in America
- Thespians
- And a collection of shorts that includes Cab 57
If you're around the Dubuque area this weekend, you should think about going to a screening. They're just $8 a ticket, cheaper than the evening prices at some of the theatres around here. (Just saying.) All of the locations are within a 4-block radius downtown. Close to lots of great food. Want to know what they're showing? Check out the film festival website. Maybe on Sunday I'll write up my reviews!
Comments
Post a Comment