So a few more observations. One of these days I'll actually talk about something significant, but for today I'm just going to post the thoughts; the analysis can come later.
- DBQ is not very pedestrian friendly. Ok, well not the part near me. I haven't yet found a route to walk to work (15 mins by foot...maybe) that doesn't involve a 5-way stop sign or 2 awkward intersections that involve 3 directions of traffic and no stop signs or crosswalks. Thankfully Madison has made me a much bolder pedestrian than DBQ is used to.
- It's hard to decorate your walls alone, especially when you're not very good with eyeballing what is level.
- My hands are really out of shape when it comes to playing piano.
- I'm not a fan of sitting in my bathtub during severe weather, but if push comes to shove, I can make it quite comfortable.
- Living in Dubuque is kinda like living halfway between my college life and my grad school life. It's not really big enough to have it's own news services, so I get to watch the same Cedar Rapids news station I watched in college, and I'm close enough to Wisconsin to be able to listen to Wisconsin broadcasts of Brewers and Badger games from the Platteville/Lancaster radio stations.
- Also, someone at the church I attended Sunday has a sense of humor as the opening hymn was "Rain Down." It poured all morning.
Comments
Post a Comment