I'm here. Not quite all unpacked. But definitely getting settled. Thanks to a random unsecured wireless connection I've got internet access until the cable company can get here next Saturday to hook me up.
Here are some observations so far:
Anyway, I should get to bed soon as tomorrow begins the first day of Summer Church Hopping: A Quest for Good Music. Maybe I'll get lucky and the church across the street will rock. I'd love a minute and a half walking commute to church :)
Here are some observations so far:
- Everyone in Dbq has been really friendly so far. I mean it's not like I expected them to be mean or something, but the lady at city hall, the banker, and even the cashier at Target were really nice.
- Color matching is way easier when you buy everything from Target. Want curtains in the same shade of teal as your bedspread? Just four aisles down. :)
- I'm super not-observant when I'm tired. My landlord had left a ladder in my bedroom when I got here Friday. I moved all my crap in and then decided to make an errand and grocery run. I spend a bulk of the rest of the night in my bedroom accomplishing stuff. It was only when my dad asked a few hours later that I even noticed the ladder was gone. Yup. I'm that good when tired.
- Ceiling fans needs much longer chains for the light component. I don't mind standing on a chair to adjust the speed of the fan, but it's kind of a pain to have to stand on a chair to turn off the light and leave the fan on for the night. (Walmart solved that problem today.)
- Kitchens should come equipped with cabinets large enough to store pots and pans. Mine does not, and that's a problem I'm not sure how to solve yet.
- Walmart's are scary. Now I remember why I avoided them for 2 years. They're huge and a girl could get lost in there alone. Also, unlike Target's, the layout of Walmarts seem to be random and not at all intuitive.
- Decorating walls in a 2-bedroom apartment is harder than decorating a dorm room. Especially when you're doing it alone. A would have had this place totally decked out by now, but I'm still trying to decide what should go where.
Anyway, I should get to bed soon as tomorrow begins the first day of Summer Church Hopping: A Quest for Good Music. Maybe I'll get lucky and the church across the street will rock. I'd love a minute and a half walking commute to church :)
I'm sorry, did you say "intuitive"? I hope not :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're doing well. Can't wait to hear more about the new place, new town and new job.