So church Sunday morning was really nice. The service was nice and I really liked the music. I think I'll probably end up going there most of the summer. Once the student population returns to Dubuque I might end up back at the church across the street as it's closer to Loras, but I think the one I went to this weekend is closer to UD. We'll see.
Sunday was nice to see my extended family again. The little kids were so much fun. If I had a quarter of their energy I'd be set. I really like the staff at the library and I feel comfortable there, but it's just a totally different environment with my family. And family dinners for get togethers are always comforting. They, in themselves, are my comfort food.
Today we did staff bonding (no...not staff bondage!) We did an exercise that helped us to define ourselves in 3 words from a deck of cards. I ended up with challenging (as in I question ideas/ play devil's advocated), simultaneous (as in I can juggle more than one mental activity at a time) and empathetic (as in empathetic). That suits me, don't you think? It was cool to see what other people described themselves as and how we were a really balanced staff between personality types.
Anyway, I should crash soon cause I function better on sleep than on none. :)
Sunday was nice to see my extended family again. The little kids were so much fun. If I had a quarter of their energy I'd be set. I really like the staff at the library and I feel comfortable there, but it's just a totally different environment with my family. And family dinners for get togethers are always comforting. They, in themselves, are my comfort food.
Today we did staff bonding (no...not staff bondage!) We did an exercise that helped us to define ourselves in 3 words from a deck of cards. I ended up with challenging (as in I question ideas/ play devil's advocated), simultaneous (as in I can juggle more than one mental activity at a time) and empathetic (as in empathetic). That suits me, don't you think? It was cool to see what other people described themselves as and how we were a really balanced staff between personality types.
Anyway, I should crash soon cause I function better on sleep than on none. :)
Comments
Post a Comment