It's been a hugely long week, so I'll keep this short.
- playing drunken Bananagrams: Stone Cliff's Sweet Cranberry wine plus Amy and I plus Bananagrams was quite the Saturday evening. There are photos of the finished product on camera that I promise to post sometime. Let's just say, two librarians and a word game will always end in hilarity! (edit: I added the photo. See. Drunken Bananagrams!)
- Prison Break: I borrowed Season 1 from work on a whim on Friday. I was instantly addicted. I mean how can you not be? Gorgeous cast, fabulous story, and intriguing plot twists. Now I just have to wait until someone returns Season 2. Arg!!
- Geektastic-Stories from the Nerd Herd: OMG what a great anthology of nerdy short stories. I love getting the references and even when I don't, the stories are great. The comics between the stories are incredibly geeky and awesome as well. (Reading the stories aloud like we did in elementary/middle school with Amy just added to the awesomeness.)
- technology: Especially text/phone/twitter/facebook that let me keep my friends updated about what was going on at the hospital when I had to rush home this week.
- my mom: You asked if you'd be here. You're always on the list of things I love. I don't love seeing you in a hospital, but I do love how patient and strong you were through the whole thing. Next time you want to get me out of work, just call me and I'll play hooky! ;)
I know one person who is intrigued by the thought of pictures from Saturday :)
ReplyDelete"Drunken bananagrams" is an ace phrase! Pics or it didn't happen! Never heard of The Nerd Herd, sounds cool, will have to look it up!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear your mum is doing well. I hope you're good too!
Please send me the one where I am licking my hand. *Grins*
ReplyDeleteSounds like you girls got up to lots of fun last weekend. Sooner or later I'll make it back to Iowa so I can partake as well.
ReplyDeleteYou know us Em. B & I play games unlike any other people in the world. I like to think its just one more thing that makes us extra special :)
ReplyDelete