How is it half way through August already?? This summer has flown past so quickly. I'm both excited and dreading school starting again. I love having the kids around and teaching any everything. But it's just crazy hectic and I'm nowhere near ready yet! I need a snooze button for that.
Anyway back to the point. Decently good week, way less stressful and kinda productive.
Other things I loved: Psych returning, singing Rain Down at church on Sunday then having T-Storms all day, watching more Prison Break, and having a place to camp out during the storms.
Anyway back to the point. Decently good week, way less stressful and kinda productive.
- Getting Gretchen's care package: she mailed me the mix cd she made when she was in Spain and a really cute necklace she bought me there. It was so unexpected and it totally made my day. And now I have a new mix that can reside in my car. It's a great combo of music about friends and some of our fave songs from college.
- Getting two more DFTBA records: I splurged a while back and pre-ordered Trock On and I'm Not Very Good At This Live. They got here Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to listen to them ad nauseum yet, but on first listen I really like them both. The Live album reminds me of that weekend I got to see Hank and John w/ the girls. That weekend had some of the best memories. (Em...when are you coming back to Iowa??) And Trock On is just fun. So far my fave is Lloyd in the Void. Can you imagine singing a song like that to your favorite actor?? You gotta love these girls for it.
- Finally finishing Lora's bag: It took me long enough to start it, but I was really pleased with the results. I'd post a pic, but Lora hasn't seen it yet! Let me know when you do and I'll post a photo.
- Amy getting a webcam: Yay!! Now we can see each other when we talk. Not quite like actually being there, but as close as I'm going to get until I manage to steal CNN's holographic technology. (I'm stealing their cool smartboard thing while I'm there too.) Now I can't wait til I get my internet fixed (appt. scheduled for tomorrow!) so I can video chat without it freezing all the time.
- talking to Christina about her trip: It makes me remember how much fun I had in the UK and how badly I want to go back. It also gives me the determination to actually go back next year some how. Anyone game??
- Student workers and their friends: This summer we've been treated to red velvet cake, Oreo cookie dessert, and other random desserts from some of our student workers (and their significant others). We are so spoiled here. But beyond that, it's nice to talk with them about books, newspaper stuff, grad school, and cooking. Our students are a great bunch, and I'm glad they've been around this summer.
Other things I loved: Psych returning, singing Rain Down at church on Sunday then having T-Storms all day, watching more Prison Break, and having a place to camp out during the storms.
First comment FTW! I've loved talking to you lots this week too! And now I'm off to see about ordering Trock On for myself!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOnce I get my schedule for the fall, I will definitely be planning my next trip to Iowa.
ReplyDeleteEdited to add a comma. Silly, but necessary.
"Silly, but necessary." That basically summarizes my entire existence.
ReplyDeleteYour workplace always sounds like such fun! I can't believe it's mid-August already either... wasn't the 2nd, like, yesterday?
ReplyDeleteYou should toootally try to work out a trip back to the UK! If I'm there we could meet up and eat cake and go find John Barrowman's old house! haha.
LOL. Totally. Seriously, you, cake and John Barrowman's old house sound like a perfect vacation!
ReplyDeleteLOL, Amy!
ReplyDelete