Last week I wore a dress to work (ok with tights and leggings) and today I didn't wear a coat (but I did have a long sleeve sweater). Therefore I officially declare it spring. Now some of you may be thinking that this weekend is officially spring. And technically you'd be right. (Don't forget to change your clocks!) But chances are, if you're saying that, you don't live in the midwest. Because here, spring doesn't believe in the arbitrary power of the calendar. It's entirely possible that we'll get more snow before May. This might explain why I had the overwhelming desire to be outside today. I'm going stir crazy from winter and really just needed to spend some time in the fresh air. So I took some time this afternoon to take a walk around the neighborhood. Despite the fact that I've lived here for almost 2 years, I don't know the neighborhood all that well. The first summer I was here I did a bit of exploring, but mostly around the college campus I live near. Also, you start to get hills around here too. So hiking around isn't just a simple walk. But tonight I decided I'm going to start learning the neighborhood.
Of course now that I've said all this we'll get a freak snow storm :)
Of course now that I've said all this we'll get a freak snow storm :)
Comments
Post a Comment