So I promised a post about why my week was so awful and why I only got 3 hours of sleep Monday night. Long story short, I saw a mouse in my apartment. I am not an animal fan of any kind, and rodents are the worst! I reacted as you might think I would. I panicked a little and then called my parents :) They talked me into going back into the bedroom to see if I can find it. So just as I'm starting to calm down a little, I see it in the closet. Commence freaking out again. Dad talks me into trying to capture/kill it, convincing me that it is in fact more afraid of me than I am of it (hard to imagine) and that I've got fast enough reflexes (I still don't buy that). Thus begins a hour long game of "cat and mouse." I finally corner it (after much shrieking and a few screams) and am forced to kill it. *shudder* I finally calm down after it. Call Amy to keep me company while I try and out wait the adrenaline, when all of a sudden I hear something in the hallway. It's another one!! I can't find it anywhere in the bathroom, even though I saw it go back there and I trap it in there. I convince myself that it's back in the wall. I find what I think is a gap where it might have gotten away, plug that, and shower quick, and proceed to barricade myself in the guest bedroom for the night. I proceed to get about 3 hours of restless sleep. I call my landlord Tuesday to tell him about the issue. He comes by that night to set some traps. We catch the second one in the bathroom sometime overnight (I crashed at my great aunt and uncle's so I could actually sleep). End of story.
So that was the beginning of my week. All this on top of not getting an appliance rebate voucher (stupid state website problems) and a passive aggressive email from a co-worker. So not what I wanted to deal with. Also this whole thing starts at like 8:30pm. So by the time I get it all taken care of it's already past midnight. :(
So that was the beginning of my week. All this on top of not getting an appliance rebate voucher (stupid state website problems) and a passive aggressive email from a co-worker. So not what I wanted to deal with. Also this whole thing starts at like 8:30pm. So by the time I get it all taken care of it's already past midnight. :(
Comments
Post a Comment