Gretchen and I are here! After a long day of transportation we're finally here and settled in. We made it to the hotel by about 4:15 local time. We decided to beat the dinner rush (really we were starving having not had time to eat lunch in Chicago) and wandered down to Chinatown. Great idea! Chicken Pad Thai hit the spot.
Then after a little wandering and dessert, we came back to the hotel to look at options for tomorrow. I think we'll head out to the Fine Art museum, the Liberty Bell, Franklin Institute and maybe the Aquarium across the river in Camden if we can get tickets :) We've already scoped out lunch and dinner places too.
I've taken some video so far. I'll probably edit that together when I get back. Or if we tire ourselves out tomorrow again I might get to it tomorrow night!
Then after a little wandering and dessert, we came back to the hotel to look at options for tomorrow. I think we'll head out to the Fine Art museum, the Liberty Bell, Franklin Institute and maybe the Aquarium across the river in Camden if we can get tickets :) We've already scoped out lunch and dinner places too.
I've taken some video so far. I'll probably edit that together when I get back. Or if we tire ourselves out tomorrow again I might get to it tomorrow night!
The first time Erik took me to Philly, his family took me here: http://www.phillyitalianmarket.com/
ReplyDeleteYou might get a kick out of it, if for no other reason than seeing really authentic Italian culture.