Today was another packed day. We saw Independence Hall (where the Declaration and Constitution were written and signed), the US Mint (where they make coin money), and the National Constitution Center. I loved the Constitution Center. I am such a geek for political history like that. First we got to see a presentation called "Freedom Rising." It was a combo of a live actor, video, pictures and sound in a round theatre. Very cool. Gretchen and I both got goosebumps, and not from yesterday's sunburn! Then you got to tour through a fabulous exhibit about the constitution and why it matters and how it was created and how it's been challenged. I think we spent at least an hour and a half to two hours in that exhibit alone. I learned I wouldn't have been able to vote in Wisconsin until 1919 (just before the 19th Amendment), we almost called the President his "elected Highness," and Alexander Hamiliton was only 30 when he signed the Declaration and was a bit of a looker, while James Madison was just 5'4". I ended up with a cool coffee mug with the phrase (mantra?) I am We on it, in reference to the We of "We, the People."
Sadly, that We saw the Twins lose tonight. But Gretchen and I did have a lot of fun. We saw an elusive Nick Punto homerun. I saw my first (of hopefully many) Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau hits. We also sort of fell in love with the Philly Fanatic. And I ate ice cream for dinner while Gretchen had fries and a mango ice concoction. We left a little early because we had to catch the subway back, and we've got a 5:30am wakeup call to take it back down to the train station for our 7:18am Amtrak ride to Boston tomorrow. Until then, sleep sweet!
Sadly, that We saw the Twins lose tonight. But Gretchen and I did have a lot of fun. We saw an elusive Nick Punto homerun. I saw my first (of hopefully many) Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau hits. We also sort of fell in love with the Philly Fanatic. And I ate ice cream for dinner while Gretchen had fries and a mango ice concoction. We left a little early because we had to catch the subway back, and we've got a 5:30am wakeup call to take it back down to the train station for our 7:18am Amtrak ride to Boston tomorrow. Until then, sleep sweet!
Comments
Post a Comment