Someday I will actually post a Things I Love Thursday on a Thursday. I promise :)
It's been a bit of a cranky week for me. Not entirely sure what my problem was. Lack of sleep, general crankiness, computer problems all probably contributed to it. At any rate, by today I was in a better mood. And by next week I should be golden.
It's been a bit of a cranky week for me. Not entirely sure what my problem was. Lack of sleep, general crankiness, computer problems all probably contributed to it. At any rate, by today I was in a better mood. And by next week I should be golden.
- the promise of a vacation- Gretchen and I are heading out east next Wednesday morning. I'm so excited. This is the first real vacation I've taken since heading to the UK/Ireland last spring. I'm stoked. We'll have a few days in Philly and a few in Boston. A whole week off of work will be really nice.
- new bread recipes- I tried brioche and a new cheese bread combo this week. Both turned out well despite looking rather odd. The brioche dough looked like soup when I mixed it up. And looked like slightly less like soup after the chill. But it baked up beautifully. I sort of winged the cheese bread recipe this time. I didn't have enough white flour for the regular stuff, so I just substituted equal amounts of wheat flour. It was a little denser, but it totally worked. Next time I might add just a pinch more water to compensate. Oh and I used cheese with jalapeno peppers in it. Spicy cheese bread rocks!
- Amy- She listened to me whine and complain and vent about my week. I needed that. :)
- random tv shows- During the summer there is very little new tv on so I tend to kind of pick up random stuff that looked good during the season or cheesy summer stuff. This week I watched 6 episodes of "The Middle," (oh so funny), and premieres of "Pretty Little Liars" (yes the ABC Family trashy teen show) and "Top Shot." (Colby of Survivor fame is hosting a reality show about shooting weapons). Yep, I have weird taste, but that's the beauty of living alone. I don't have to worry about anyone else being subjected to them.
- Bunny Noodles- aka Annie's Mac and Cheese. A friend used to call the mac and cheese that when she was tipsy. For the longest time I had no idea what she was talking about. Then walking through the grocery store in Madison I saw the box, and exclaimed (outloud of course) "Oh, Bunny Noodles!" And now I am hooked. Yummo!
Comments
Post a Comment