I have spent approx 20 hours of the week so far in meetings. The week has dragged on and yet at the same time I look back and feel like I didn't accomplish as much as I hoped. But I'm getting there.
- faculty- I love the library staff, but sometimes I forget how much I can enjoy the faculty. After 2 years I'm finally feeling like I know a good majority of them well enough to walk up to them and have a conversation. The conversations, jokes, note passing, bakery samples, and playing 'problem child' made the 20 hours of meetings palatable. Also.. sometimes I forget how much fun they are. I spent quite a bit of Wednesday evening laughing during the faculty picnic.
- faculty meetings- I love faculty meetings. No, that's a lie. I love the results of faculty meetings. I love hanging w/ faculty peeps. And I love that this year the new format has been productive for us. The librarians did some presentations and we've been rolling in the new class sessions since then :) I love being busy, but if anyone out there knows how to clone people, let me know! We might need to figure out how to run at 150% capacity this fall.
- email wars/Facebook walls-Some of the previously mentioned faculty are having an email battle. They are trying to rope others of us in. So far I'm just enjoying the show. And Facebook walls have been rather busy as of late. I feel like it's the last rush of "when the students are away the faculty will play."
- brunch- While Sarah was here, we made brunch on Sunday. It was amazing. We're talking brioche French toast, rosemary garlic potatoes, and over medium eggs. So fabulous. I can't wait til Sarah can come back and play sous chef. I think it may be my new go-to recipe.
- Hunger Games- I'm excited to read Mockingjay (mine's still en route, so don't spoil it!) In the mean time I'm listening to The Hunger Games on audiobook. I'd forgotten how much I loved it. It's great in audio. :)
Comments
Post a Comment