Wow. I haven't done a things I love Thursday post in almost a month. Time to revive that one. I've had lots of things to love this week.
- students coming back- I dread the first week of class because I am so behind and not ready to start my teaching/instruction sessions, but I love that the students are coming back. It's been a bit of a slow trickle so far this month, but this week a bigger rush of my "library buddies" are back. It's fun to see them each stop by the office to say hi, check in, and tell me about their summer. Yay for my office not feeling so quiet anymore!
- long email chains- I love email, but I'm usually much more of a chat person. This week however there are at least 7 email chains of 6 or more messages in my inbox, ranging from other faculty, coworkers, colleagues, grad school friends, and college buddies. Sometimes I forget how much fun email tag can be. I'm all for instant gratification, but sometimes the messages are worth the wait.
- my boss- She celebrated her 30th anniversary of working at the library this week. We, being the party throwers that we are, decided to throw her a surprise luncheon. Of course we couldn't leave it at that, so there was also a card shower, a card and gift from us, and a "brochure" featuring her. The brochure had a collection of her funny sayings and stories and pictures. It was, to quote her, just fabulous. I'm truly blessed to have her as a boss so it was really nice to celebrate her together! Oh and we pulled off the surprise which was the biggest accomplishment of all. We may never top this, so I think we may retire the surprise parties for a while now. :)
- Forever Young Adult blog- OMG how did I live without this blog. The tagline is: for YA readers who are a little less Y and a bit more A! LOVE it. I originally saw the Hunger Games drinking game post. I sent it along to my coworker who is also the perfect demographic for the blog. She found the Hunger Games name quiz and the District quiz. So much fun. The creator of the blog wrote a book review of Frankie Landau-Banks (one of my fave books ever!) that is spot on. If you are at all a fan of YA books...or as the bloggers say...good YA books, you must go check it out. I insist! I think I could love this blog even if it were only for this pic of the Golden Girls sitting around the table with Hunger Games (only a few more days til the release, but at least a week plus til Amazon ships it to me....boo!!)
- Sarah- Sarah, a college friend of mine, is coming to visit this weekend. I haven't seen her in 2 years! I'm excited to spend some time with her this weekend, showing her my town :)
Yay for the FYA blog. I enjoy it too. What is your Hunger Games name then? Mine is Tumnmet H. Flylily
ReplyDelete