My BEDA buddies (Nicola, Christina, and Autumn) and I have decided to get back to the regular blogging by doing Things I love Thursdays. No way could I go back to every day blogging, but once a week I can do. I'm hoping to do more than one a week, but you know me. So on to the blog...
- my BEDA buddies -- to think 2 months ago I didn't know anything about these girls, and now here we are having an epic facebook convo, tweeting at each other constantly, and offering book reviews, dress advice, and emotional support. I'm starting to think I owe Maureen a thank you card!
- my job -- today marks my 1 year anniversary at my job. Some days it feels like I've been there forever considering all I've seen and accomplished since I've been here. And other times, I feel like I'm still the newbie and don't know where things are or how to do something basic. But my coworkers have made me feel at home here, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
- cream soda and raspberry rum -- a microbrewery in my hometown makes raspberry cream soda. I've been craving it lately and told my mom. She couldn't find any, but brought their wonderful cream soda instead. I put my raspberry rum in it and created my own twist. Oh so good! (Upon further searching their website doesn't list it. Sad!)
- Cassandra Clare's City of Bones -- remember those BEDA buddy book reviews I talked about. This was one. I'm sold! Well done Autumn and Christina!! Looking forward to buying it this weekend in Ames
- seeing Justin and Amy in the same week -- Amy and Justin both played the role as my "emotional rock" in grad school and college respectively. I adore both to death and don't see nearly enough of them!
- the potential of a new journal -- I ended up at Borders looking for a tv season to use my coupon, but ended up with a new journal instead. I love the new journal smell and feel. I love all the possibilities a fresh blank journal holds. This one is destined for my college memoirs. Can't wait to start it!
Yay BEDA buddies & Maureen & alcohol! haha.
ReplyDeleteThe new journal is so pretty, I love when you find just the right book for your musings. Wishing you good health in using it!
You'll be seeing me tomorrow! I'll be seeing you tomorrow! Yay!!
ReplyDeleteYum, raspberry rum and cream soda sounds really good.
ReplyDeleteI like this "Things I love Thursday." It makes you appreciate what you have. Well done all of you.
I am so glad you like City of Bones. Just wait until you get to the third book!
ReplyDeleteI have never mixed anything in cream soda, but I love cream soda. I don't know if I will use raspberry rum, but I will be mixing something in cream soda by the weekend's end.