- guacamole and popsicles: everyone needs their hot weather food. You know that food that you eat because you don't want to cook. Guacamole and popsicles are mine. Not much for nutrition, but they get me through. It's sort of an obsession and comfort food all rolled into one.
- visiting friends: yes I realize I've posted this like 4 times, but I still love it. This time I was in Missouri visiting Emily. This was taken of the four of us at a winery on Saturday.
- books that transport you to another world: I finally finished The Mortal Instruments trilogy. It was really absorbing. I would have started it all over again if I hadn't left Book One with Amy when I visited. On the ride south, I listened to Scott Westerfeld's Specials. That one got me. I knew what was going to happen, but it still got me. Emotional Becky driving was entertaining. Now I'm working my way through Little Brother, so far it's great. I really love the audio book format!
- making videos with my friends: Em and I made a birthday video for Amy. We had a blast doing it, and the final product is pretty funny. First collab video done :) I love new firsts!
- videos that crack me up and cheer up far away friends: I love Nerdfighter videos. One of my favorite channels to watch is vloglovers. Liam and Min's videos are fun little clips that brighten up my day. Liam's video of today had me laughing out loud! As a punishment he and his "clone" Liam.2 had to reenact his favorite love scene. He chose the Elephant Medley from Moulin Rouge. I'm embedding Moulin Radge below because you must see it!
I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below. April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival --I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too! April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I have...
I must know...do you mean Guacamole, and Popsicles...separately, or guacamole AND popsicles...together? I mean, I like crazy food combinations...but I'm having a tough time with this one :)
ReplyDeleteSeparately. They are two individual types of food I like to eat that do not involve heating :) Sorry for the confusion!
ReplyDelete