Back for my weekly update about things I love.
- seeing live musical theatre: I got a chance to see Mamma Mia this last weekend when I visited Amy. Live theatre is like nothing else. I'm so tempted by RENT and Wicked which will be in Des Moines in the next season!
- Fiesta del Sol margaritas: it was our favorite little Mexican restaurant in college. The margaritas are legendary, and way tequilla heavy :) Having one with Justin last Thursday was just what I needed.
- SciFi Doctor Who marathons: SciFi just aired 8 episodes of Doctor Who on Monday. It was 8 eps from Season 1 which I haven't seen any of. Love my DVR for being able to save them for me!
- Google giving me back my account: I joke that Google owns my life. I didn't realize how true that was until yesterday. I almost had no access to my blog, or a lot of photos, or any of my friends' email contacts, or my calendar. I would have been so lost.
- giving in and buying City of Glass: the second book was amazing. I bought the third to read when I'm hanging at a water park in Missouri with Emily. Knowing it's been sitting on my bedside table waiting for me is killing me! Can't wait to read it.
I don't care how broke you are, it ALWAYS feels good to give in and buy a book!
ReplyDeleteAnd of course everyone knows how I feel about live musical theater. And Mamma Mia! is such a fun-loving musical to see live.
Will you still be my BEDA buddy if I confess I've never seen Doctor Who. I'd never heard of it until meeting you and Christina.
Definitely give in to Wicked and RENT.
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY agree with Autumn - you're never too broke to buy a book! I like to break it down into cost per hour of entertainment, makes it more guilt-free, especially when we're willing to pay like 10 bucks to see a film! ;)
ReplyDeleteMan I miss going to see musicals! You should write us a wee review (if you feel like it, of course).