So, once again I'm running a little late with this, but here it is: a January wrapup and a February resolution.
I was 99% successful in not eating out at fast food restaurants (and Panera) during January. I felt really good not to spend that money, and I really did end up cooking at home more. I am the proud new owner of a favorite Tex-Mex wrap recipe thanks to that. I also had a chance to make a few more loaves of bread, including rye bread and a white cheddar bread. I'm seriously starting to wonder how I lived without homemade bread!!
The one hiccup was when I was stranded in Madison due to the fog and needing to have my sister's car towed. We ended up at Panera because I needed free internet to steal, so we grabbed lunch while we were there. I vote that's ok, because well, I make the rules, and it was more about the internet than the food :)
So for February, I'm going to try and keep that up. I won't be as strict. I mean a girl needs her hot french fries every once in a while! The main goal though will be to de-caffeinate myself by the end of the month. I've done this cold turkey before, but it gets ugly. And there is no one here to keep me sane when I get withdrawal headaches. So, I'm going to take my time and decaf. Honestly, I'm better than I usually am at this time of the year. I ended up switching to hot tea and coffee last week because I just didn't have pop in the house (and was too busy/lazy to buy some).
Oh, and I'll be blogging 3 days a week as my year long challenge. (Weeks start on Sunday.) That's been a bit harder than I expected just because I've been a lot busier than I remember being this time last year. A good busy, but a busy I need a mental break from for sure!
I was 99% successful in not eating out at fast food restaurants (and Panera) during January. I felt really good not to spend that money, and I really did end up cooking at home more. I am the proud new owner of a favorite Tex-Mex wrap recipe thanks to that. I also had a chance to make a few more loaves of bread, including rye bread and a white cheddar bread. I'm seriously starting to wonder how I lived without homemade bread!!
The one hiccup was when I was stranded in Madison due to the fog and needing to have my sister's car towed. We ended up at Panera because I needed free internet to steal, so we grabbed lunch while we were there. I vote that's ok, because well, I make the rules, and it was more about the internet than the food :)
So for February, I'm going to try and keep that up. I won't be as strict. I mean a girl needs her hot french fries every once in a while! The main goal though will be to de-caffeinate myself by the end of the month. I've done this cold turkey before, but it gets ugly. And there is no one here to keep me sane when I get withdrawal headaches. So, I'm going to take my time and decaf. Honestly, I'm better than I usually am at this time of the year. I ended up switching to hot tea and coffee last week because I just didn't have pop in the house (and was too busy/lazy to buy some).
Oh, and I'll be blogging 3 days a week as my year long challenge. (Weeks start on Sunday.) That's been a bit harder than I expected just because I've been a lot busier than I remember being this time last year. A good busy, but a busy I need a mental break from for sure!
Great job! I need to quit the fast food altogether. But caffeine, I don't know. I did it once, but I don't know if I could do it again. Good luck!
ReplyDelete