So as I started cleaning my guest bedroom, I heard a really loud clunk and then more loud noises coming from my laundry room. I ran in there to find my washer is broken. The drum of the washer looks like it dropped down and is no longer connected to the rest of my washer. It still spins....just freely of anything else. Thankfully it was just about to the rinse cycle but hadn't yet started filling with water. However, that meant that there were still some soap suds on my load. No problem I think, I'll just rinse them in the bathtub and hang them on the dryer rack to dry. Ha. What I failed to remember is how much work it takes to wring out clothes. The t-shirts and socks were no problem. The sweatshirts, jeans, and towels were not so much fun. This is probably the part in the story where I explain I have no arm or wrist strength whatsoever. After about an hour I've got it all done. I had to drain the tub and refill with clean water about 7 times, and the last few things (towels/sweatshirts) I'm not entirely sure I got all the soap out, but it's done. The small stuff had dried enough that I could put them in the machine to finish drying. And the rest of it is hanging over the drying rack which is sitting in the bathtub.
Moral of the story is I'll be cleaning more than just the guest bedroom this week as my parents will be coming down next weekend to shop for furniture and appliances apparently. :)
Moral of the story is I'll be cleaning more than just the guest bedroom this week as my parents will be coming down next weekend to shop for furniture and appliances apparently. :)
Comments
Post a Comment