I so want it to be spring. I'm done with the snow and the cold. I realize it's only February. And yes, I realize I live in the Midwest. But this just seems a bit ridiculous. I think we probably had more snow last year, but I think I've finally figured out the difference. Last year it seemed to melt off before it snowed again. This winter that hasn't been true. It doesn't get warm enough to melt everything off, so it just keeps piling up. There's been snow on the ground constantly. No mental breaks from winter. Last January (maybe February) it was bitterly cold here, but there was very little snow on the ground then. I guess it's been 10 days since our last big snow storm (that dumped almost 7 inches on the city) so I suppose we are due. I'm just hoping that the forecast is wrong like it has been so far the winter. We've never got quite as much as they expect. So hopefully that 6-10 is closer to 4-6. :) But with it being the heavy wet snow, you know it won't be. Cause that's the worst kind of snow to shovel. Heavy and sticky. And if you don't shovel it right away, it turns to rock hard ice. Believe me, I know.
I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below. April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival --I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too! April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I have...
And then you can't park in the driveway because the snow has piled up so much you need to shovel. The catch being to GET to the shovel, you then need to trudge through the 8 inches on the driveway, to the front door, to then get the snow all over the house going to the garage to get the shovel. Sigh. This winter has been miserable, I agree!
ReplyDeleteI am annoyed with the giant ice boulders that have attached themselves to my wheel wells that won't fall off--despite the regular scraping they receive every time I turn, and despite the regular jostling and pothole surfing they encounter everywhere. I want them gone but they are solid ice!
ReplyDelete@Kelly Yeah, I don't have a driveway, but I've solved this type of problem by having both a shovel inside my apt, and one in my car. But mostly it still sucks!!
ReplyDelete@Amy Wow. That sounds rather irritating. And also a great way to break a toe. :(