Spurred in part by Aarti's numerous flowers, my new hair coloring (a month ago), and my desire to accessorize, I found I had this desire to wear a flower in my hair. Amy and I scoured etsy for some cute ones. We found some beautiful ones that were way out of my price range, and the ones that were...I could easily make for less. So...I did. Somehow they've become a bit of a signature of mine. A coworker asked me last week where the flower was. "Wherever Becky is, there's a flower." So I'm embracing it, and this last weekend I added to the collection because Amy wanted to make some of her own. Here's the one I wore today. (With my messy 'sleep on wet hair treatment' curls!)

This is the red flower ring I made. The bud was too small for a hair clip, and it totally matched my outfit today. (See sweater in the photo above.)
And now for Christina, a sampling of the rest of my collection. The smaller sunflower in this next pic is probably one of my favorites. I wear it all the time. :) The bigger sunflower is about the same size as the off-white one in the first shot, for scale sake.
Same deal with the bigger light brown on in this next pic. I'm super stoked about the brown and green ones. Yes, I realize most of you wouldn't be so keen on a lime green flower...but I'm odd. I know.
The biggest and smallest flowers. The smaller ones are just big enough for a hair clip. Maybe 2 inches.
And this is how I attach them. Just a loop of felt with a clip. I can also slip them on a headband or clip them on something else.
Now the real question is how many of you were like Gretchen and immediately thought of Penny Blossoms from Big Bang? Sadly there were no caffeinated Sheldon's to help me make mine. ;)
This is the red flower ring I made. The bud was too small for a hair clip, and it totally matched my outfit today. (See sweater in the photo above.)
And now for Christina, a sampling of the rest of my collection. The smaller sunflower in this next pic is probably one of my favorites. I wear it all the time. :) The bigger sunflower is about the same size as the off-white one in the first shot, for scale sake.
Same deal with the bigger light brown on in this next pic. I'm super stoked about the brown and green ones. Yes, I realize most of you wouldn't be so keen on a lime green flower...but I'm odd. I know.
The biggest and smallest flowers. The smaller ones are just big enough for a hair clip. Maybe 2 inches.
And this is how I attach them. Just a loop of felt with a clip. I can also slip them on a headband or clip them on something else.
Now the real question is how many of you were like Gretchen and immediately thought of Penny Blossoms from Big Bang? Sadly there were no caffeinated Sheldon's to help me make mine. ;)
Haha Penny Blossoms! I love them all, I especially like that you can put them on other things.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I'm jealous. Maybe I'll try it when I get a chance...
ReplyDelete