If you've seen me or been following me online this week, you'll know that I had designated this weekend as "Indian food weekend." Ever since I watched Aarti Sequeria win The Next Food Network Star, I have been stoked to try some of her recipes. I've been DVRing all the episodes. I've learned from Melissa D'Arabian's show that DVR helps because I can use both the print recipe and the video to help me pull off the recipe. Especially when it involves skills or techniques I haven't done before.
So early in the week I looked through her collection of recipes for a few that seemed up my alley. I ended up with the Sloppy Bombay Joes, Apple-Lime-Peanut Slaw, and the Ugly Duckling Salad. All were listed as easy, and I'd seen them made. Now I should preface this with the fact that I'm not well versed in Indian cuisine. I've had some before, but sadly it was most recently in Belfast over a year ago. I was excited to try some Indian flavors in some traditional American fare. Without further adieu, the photos of the final results!!
So early in the week I looked through her collection of recipes for a few that seemed up my alley. I ended up with the Sloppy Bombay Joes, Apple-Lime-Peanut Slaw, and the Ugly Duckling Salad. All were listed as easy, and I'd seen them made. Now I should preface this with the fact that I'm not well versed in Indian cuisine. I've had some before, but sadly it was most recently in Belfast over a year ago. I was excited to try some Indian flavors in some traditional American fare. Without further adieu, the photos of the final results!!
Sloppy Bombay Joes
Apple-Lime-Peanut Slaw
The Entire Meal
I took these pictures with my phone when I realized my camera battery was dead. Shortly afterward I devoured it. :) The pistachio salad dressing is fantastic. Might be up there that maple dressing. I didn't own a blender, so this morning I decided to suck it up and buy one because I love to make soup, but have had to avoid some recipes due to a lack of blender. Well that and this pistachio dressing involved a blender. Even if I don't make anything else in it except this dressing...it's worth the $24 I paid for it! The meat was spicy with just a little kick of sweet, the slaw was tangy, and the salad dressing was creamy and amazing.
I think you should all totally try these recipes. I can't wait to try some more of hers. Aarti, I'm ready to follow you anywhere!! In the mean time I've got my leftovers to hold me over until after I get back from Memphis. :)



As Liz Lemon would say, "I want to go to there!" Looks great Becky! I definitely want to try these as well!
ReplyDeleteLooks sooo good! Glad it turned out so well Becky :)
ReplyDelete