So twice this last week I've been asked for YA book recommendations for people who are new to YA. It got me thinking about what books I'd suggest in that situation. I happen to know one of them pretty well (or did when we were the right age for these books originally), but the other I'm not as sure what kinds of book she was looking for. So I thought, why not do a YA primer. I'm by no means a YA expert. Just a big fan of the genre. And if you've read this blog before.. (which I'm sure all what...6 of you?...have) you know I love to talk about books.
So here's the list: Becky's YA Primer. Just pick the type of book you're looking for and scroll down to that category for my suggestions. I don't have descriptions for all the categories yet, but I'm working on it. You'll notice a few of my favorite authors on their quite a bit. Some books fit multiple categories, but I've only listed each once.
If you ever want to come back to it, I've posted this as a page you can find in the new banner across the top of the page. If you're so inclined, I've also put up an About Me page about 3 years late. :)
Enjoy!!
So here's the list: Becky's YA Primer. Just pick the type of book you're looking for and scroll down to that category for my suggestions. I don't have descriptions for all the categories yet, but I'm working on it. You'll notice a few of my favorite authors on their quite a bit. Some books fit multiple categories, but I've only listed each once.
If you ever want to come back to it, I've posted this as a page you can find in the new banner across the top of the page. If you're so inclined, I've also put up an About Me page about 3 years late. :)
Enjoy!!
Good idea. That's a good start definitely. I know it will grow much larger though!
ReplyDelete