New beginnings. It's that time again. A time to try something new or fresh. Or renew old vows. And so I shall.
First to renew old vows. Last year I made it my goal to write in my blog 3 times a week, calling Sunday to Saturday a week. And boy did I use that to my advantage a few times. I made it way longer than I thought I would. All the way til October. I think it was good for me to have a routine. So I'm gonna do it again. It's going to be harder to get back in the routine after being so bad about blogging, but now is as good a time as any, right?
Ok, next. I really liked the month-by-month challenges. This month I'm going to start with the no fast food or Panera deal. Not so official, but I'm gonna keep my eye on my caffeine too. Maybe if I keep it under control before the semester I might survive the first few weeks :)
And last but not least I'm going to write. During the summer I was really good about working on my short stories. Or just writing. When I was younger I used to write a lot, but I've gotten away from it. I'm going to make a concerted effort to get something on paper each week. I've always found hand-writing helps my creative process so I'm not sure how much I'll put here. But maybe I'll keep you all up to date about my progress. We'll see.
What are you going to do for the new year? Any resolutions? Goals? Plans?
First to renew old vows. Last year I made it my goal to write in my blog 3 times a week, calling Sunday to Saturday a week. And boy did I use that to my advantage a few times. I made it way longer than I thought I would. All the way til October. I think it was good for me to have a routine. So I'm gonna do it again. It's going to be harder to get back in the routine after being so bad about blogging, but now is as good a time as any, right?
Ok, next. I really liked the month-by-month challenges. This month I'm going to start with the no fast food or Panera deal. Not so official, but I'm gonna keep my eye on my caffeine too. Maybe if I keep it under control before the semester I might survive the first few weeks :)
And last but not least I'm going to write. During the summer I was really good about working on my short stories. Or just writing. When I was younger I used to write a lot, but I've gotten away from it. I'm going to make a concerted effort to get something on paper each week. I've always found hand-writing helps my creative process so I'm not sure how much I'll put here. But maybe I'll keep you all up to date about my progress. We'll see.
What are you going to do for the new year? Any resolutions? Goals? Plans?
I resolve for 2011 not to crap all over me like 2010 did. Now, how to make that happen... :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's also my goal to be more encourging. Last year I spent most of my time being introspective and relective and fixing me (for all the reasons you know) so this year I want to be more mindful of the people who are not me in my life.
I also might try to go to this place called Holden Village on an island in the pacific northwest. It looks peaceful.
Set yourself a writing goal -- a number or time -- and achieve it each week. I'd be happy to keep you accountable.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it.
@Amy Apparently I spent 2010 being a little self-serving because I don't really remember you being anything less than supportive and encouraging to me all year. However, in the spirit of your resolve, I am totally behind you on this. I promise to be all sorts of needy this year ;)
ReplyDelete@Kelly Yeah, I know. I think I'm going to see how January goes and what is reasonable for me expect. A set number for that and my conference proposals will probably be my February goal. And I may have to take you up on the accountability part.
Great goals Becky! I need to figure out what mine are!
ReplyDelete