I've been dragging my laptop to work with me recently to work on my prezi for the conferences you've heard me going on about. This meant I've had my music with me, but apparently some of my favorite artists haven't gotten the message. They've been cranking out new ways to listen to their music free online.
Now I've been a fan of Accuradio, Pandora, and Songza for a while. However my new problem is that most of the artists I'm really digging right now are a bit too independent for any of those services. Thankfully some of my current faves are using Bandcamp to stream their stuff (Charlie and Dave).
Today Dave goes out and tweets a link to his new song Wildflowers on a new site called SoundCloud. He's also been streaming some of his stuff on his blog. Not only does it allow you as a fan to listen to it but it also lets you embed a player and customize the color. Like this:
Wildflowers by BlueSkies
The other new listening experience is the Video LP. Now Alan Lastufka did it fro one of his albums. I listened to it when it first came out. And then proceeded to forget about it, because I have the album on my iTunes. But yesterday, Hank Green put his most recent album up the same way. There are two ways to listen to it on YouTube: by track or as a playlist. The opening video is here. Hank describes it better than I do, so I'll let him explain it.
Now I've been a fan of Accuradio, Pandora, and Songza for a while. However my new problem is that most of the artists I'm really digging right now are a bit too independent for any of those services. Thankfully some of my current faves are using Bandcamp to stream their stuff (Charlie and Dave).
Today Dave goes out and tweets a link to his new song Wildflowers on a new site called SoundCloud. He's also been streaming some of his stuff on his blog. Not only does it allow you as a fan to listen to it but it also lets you embed a player and customize the color. Like this:
Wildflowers by BlueSkies
The other new listening experience is the Video LP. Now Alan Lastufka did it fro one of his albums. I listened to it when it first came out. And then proceeded to forget about it, because I have the album on my iTunes. But yesterday, Hank Green put his most recent album up the same way. There are two ways to listen to it on YouTube: by track or as a playlist. The opening video is here. Hank describes it better than I do, so I'll let him explain it.
Comments
Post a Comment