Wow! I knew this week was going to be crazy, but I don't think I quite imagined it like this.
My 2 days at the Library Technology Conference were amazing. I met some really great new people (Rachel, Vicki, Alan, Chanitra), saw and heard about some great new tech ideas, and had a great session presenting. I had a fabulous audience for my prezi session, really engaged. I think I scared them a bit with my energy and volume, but once I got going with the prezi they seemed a little less skittish. I've got some work to do when I get back to convert their brainstorming into prezis. The conference gave me a lot to think about. (And a new autographed book to read--The Googlization of Everything)
Today was ILA-ACRL. A much smaller, but more intimate conference. It doesn't hurt that I went to college in the same state so I know some academic librarians from then too. It's always great to catch up with the Cornell people. Plus this year it was good to see my own library peeps who I hadn't seen since Monday. :) All our sessions went exceedingly well. (Not that I expected different.) There is a long time member of ILA who is known as the Queen of Cheap. She hasn't retired yet, but I was informed after my session about free tech tools that until she retires I've gained the title "Princess of Cheap." A title I wear proudly. Why pay for things you can do just as well for free? I, of course, asked if the title came with a tiara. ;) One of the librarians from Cornell offered to get me a Burger King crown. (This is why I adore her!)
I'll blog more about the conferences later I'm sure. Right now I'm at a hotel in the Des Moines area waiting for Autumn to arrive. We're headed to Next to Normal tomorrow night. So much fun. I'm gonna need a break to recover from my spring break :)
My 2 days at the Library Technology Conference were amazing. I met some really great new people (Rachel, Vicki, Alan, Chanitra), saw and heard about some great new tech ideas, and had a great session presenting. I had a fabulous audience for my prezi session, really engaged. I think I scared them a bit with my energy and volume, but once I got going with the prezi they seemed a little less skittish. I've got some work to do when I get back to convert their brainstorming into prezis. The conference gave me a lot to think about. (And a new autographed book to read--The Googlization of Everything)
Today was ILA-ACRL. A much smaller, but more intimate conference. It doesn't hurt that I went to college in the same state so I know some academic librarians from then too. It's always great to catch up with the Cornell people. Plus this year it was good to see my own library peeps who I hadn't seen since Monday. :) All our sessions went exceedingly well. (Not that I expected different.) There is a long time member of ILA who is known as the Queen of Cheap. She hasn't retired yet, but I was informed after my session about free tech tools that until she retires I've gained the title "Princess of Cheap." A title I wear proudly. Why pay for things you can do just as well for free? I, of course, asked if the title came with a tiara. ;) One of the librarians from Cornell offered to get me a Burger King crown. (This is why I adore her!)
I'll blog more about the conferences later I'm sure. Right now I'm at a hotel in the Des Moines area waiting for Autumn to arrive. We're headed to Next to Normal tomorrow night. So much fun. I'm gonna need a break to recover from my spring break :)
Vicki probably is the best new person you met at that conference. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteLol. Note the "Love you Vicki" comment on today's post :)
ReplyDelete