Those of you who know me in real life, know that I'm not the cleanest or neatest person in the world. And living alone has not helped that at all. So long story short, my apartment has been a mess since the last time I've had guests. Which was ... New Years? No after that, when my sis slept here when we moved grandma to the condo. But well over a month at any rate. The point you're wondering??
Right. So I've also got these two conferences I'm presenting at next week. One of the presentations I have done, have done a run-through and feel decently confident about. The other? Um. I have 2 slides of a powerpoint. I leave Tuesday. So I really need to get that done like yesterday. So what did I do today? I procrastinated by cleaning my apartment. I am a super on task cleaner when there's no tv to distract me and my only other alternative is to work on my presentation. Sheets washed, beds made, floors swept, dishes done, kitchen cleaned, vacuuming done, and all my laundry done. I've been seriously productive since Friday afternoon. Maybe I need work I'm putting off more often. This has been fabulous.
Now I'm just waiting for Manda to show up. She's going to be my accountability buddy for tomorrow. We're doing dinner and maybe a movie tonight since it's been over 6 weeks since I've seen her. Then tomorrow I buckle down and knock out this presentation while she works on job applications. Oh and I need to finish my website...and pack. *giggles nervously* I've got time, right??
Right. So I've also got these two conferences I'm presenting at next week. One of the presentations I have done, have done a run-through and feel decently confident about. The other? Um. I have 2 slides of a powerpoint. I leave Tuesday. So I really need to get that done like yesterday. So what did I do today? I procrastinated by cleaning my apartment. I am a super on task cleaner when there's no tv to distract me and my only other alternative is to work on my presentation. Sheets washed, beds made, floors swept, dishes done, kitchen cleaned, vacuuming done, and all my laundry done. I've been seriously productive since Friday afternoon. Maybe I need work I'm putting off more often. This has been fabulous.
Now I'm just waiting for Manda to show up. She's going to be my accountability buddy for tomorrow. We're doing dinner and maybe a movie tonight since it's been over 6 weeks since I've seen her. Then tomorrow I buckle down and knock out this presentation while she works on job applications. Oh and I need to finish my website...and pack. *giggles nervously* I've got time, right??
You went to Cornell, no? You should be able to crank out a presentation, a paper, and a take-home final in 10.2 hours. While drinking beer. And taking a break to chat on AIM.
ReplyDeleteGood luck :)