Since I didn't do it Thursday I thought I'd list a few things I loved this week for my post today.
- entertaining fans-The guys who sat behind us at the Badger basketball game kept me giggling during the second half with references to Tony Kukoc (old-school white boy basketball reference), "Wait so Bucky isn't a real dude," and their desire to have a Forrest/Jenny yelling moment across the Kohl Center with their friend.
- watching the students rush the court-Watching UW beat Duke was amazing. What I really loved was seeing the students rush the court after the game and remembering what that was like. I'm not usually a small enclosed spaces person, but with all that adrenaline I didn't seem to mind!
- introducing my director to the "in your pants" theory-Apparently I'd never told the library director about the game of adding "in your pants" to a book title. I did so while there was a cart of donated seminary books in the offices. OMG were those funny. I had her laughing so hard she was crying and I was practically on the floor. She told me I ruined her career as a librarian with that one, but I think she really meant, thank you, how will I ever repay you. ;)
- comparing college persistence rates to being a stalker-You never know what metaphor students will understand. I never expected to be talking about stalkers, but apparently that's what one kid thought of when I said persistence, and we made it work. This job certainly keeps me on my toes.
- beginning my season of walking-I've officially started walking to work every day now that the snow has begun. I'll walk until it gets too cold to walk or warm enough for it not to snow. I live close to work, and to be honest if it takes more than 7-ish mintues to clean off my car, it's not worth it time wise. It's only a 15 min walk, and about a 5 min drive. Give me a warm scarf, minutes, and my ipod and I'm good to go.
Go Badgers!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of the "in your pants" theory. How did I get all the way through library school without hearing about it? Can't wait to try it out.
ReplyDelete