Here's a short snow rant. I actually like things about snow and winter, I promise. But today the stuff I'm not so fond of.
- frozen eyelashes- I hate when you feel like if you blink too long your eyelashes will freeze to your face. Or when it melts against your cheek as you walk inside. I feel like I must look like I'm constantly crying.
- people that don't clear their sidewalks well-Whether that be by only salting and not shoveling, shoveling early so that a sheen of ice can form, or not shoveling at all, it's just not cool.
- people who drive too fast-I believe the motto "I trust myself to drive, just not everyone else." One person driving unsafely can cause problems for so many people.
- when snow becomes rock hard ice-If you get wet snow (as opposed to that dry blowing stuff) and then it get really cold you get solid hunks of ice that are impossible to shovel.
- cleaning off your car when its covered in ice- Ask my mom about that one. She helped with an epic ice mess. It involved axes and ice pick.
- shoveling out your car on a busy street- I did that like once. Not again. I now park on side streets.
- walking through unshoveled snow when you're in a hurry-It's like wading through water, only colder.
- having to wear 5 layers to get anywhere-And then roasting once you get inside and having to strip down a few layers.
I've got one! Even if you haven't had a runny nose, you still manage to have frozen boogies....
ReplyDeleteThe mix of ice/salt/whatever that gets on your shoes and pants (if they're long enough) all winter.
ReplyDelete