The snow is coming; the snow is coming! I decided to stock up on food and necessities before the snow starts to fall. 1-3 inches are forecast tonight, and 3-6 inches on Wednesday. I tend to become a hermit in winter and don't really drive anywhere unless necessary. So grocery shopping becomes a bit insane. Today I went a little overboard and bought food for 4 different entrees. I should be set for about 2 weeks. Which is good, after I looked at the new forecast. Wednesday's totals could be 6-12 inches, on top of the 1-3 inches from tonight. I'm pulling for the minimum 7 inches, but planned for the 15. And the snow is just the start. Apparently they're worried about wind and blowing snow and possible blizzard conditions. So after doing all the food shopping I ventured out again to buy snow pants. I found some on sale for $15 at the farm supply store. Might just turn out to be the best purchase ever this winter as much walking to work through non-shoveled sidewalk as I do. I picked up a push shovel too. I've got a big scoop shovel, but if I learned anything last winter, it was that a push shovel would have come in handy when I was clearing the street around my car.
I think I'm now officially ready. I've got chicken cooking away in slow cooker and shovel standing by. Bring on the snow! (she says because she has no choice!)
I think I'm now officially ready. I've got chicken cooking away in slow cooker and shovel standing by. Bring on the snow! (she says because she has no choice!)
Comments
Post a Comment