So every year the library hosts a Faculty Publications and Creativity Reception, where we recognize faculty members' contributions outside the classroom. This year I've got the book chapter which is finally in print!! (Hallelujah!) I've also decided/been convinced to put some of my photography out. Only problem is I need a name for the pieces. That's where you come in! I'm looking for suggestions. I need the name by 5pm Wednesday. If you've got an idea, leave it in the comments. I'll change the comment requirements so you can be anonymous if you want (of if you don't have a google account to sign into!) Here they are:
One is a picture of a flower (whose name I don't know) at the arboretum this summer. Imagine it rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. (I can't figure out why it keeps loading sideways!!) The other is a shot of Lake Mendota in Madison this fall.
UPDATE: My mom gave me some great ideas that I decided to run with. So top photo is now "Awakening Promise" and the bottom shot is "Autumn Sentinel."

One is a picture of a flower (whose name I don't know) at the arboretum this summer. Imagine it rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. (I can't figure out why it keeps loading sideways!!) The other is a shot of Lake Mendota in Madison this fall.
UPDATE: My mom gave me some great ideas that I decided to run with. So top photo is now "Awakening Promise" and the bottom shot is "Autumn Sentinel."
No inspirational title ideas, sorry, but the flower is a daylily.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the book!
Thanks David! It's just a chapter in a book about collaborative information literacy assessment, but it was one of my first major projects on the job here, so it's nice to see it finally in print over a year later.
ReplyDeleteOk, thanks to an offline, wait...that's a lie, an online convo, not on the blog, I've decided the lake photo will be "Standing Alone."
ReplyDeleteStill working on the daylily one...so any help is welcomed.