I promised I would tell you about my exciting Christmas presents. I'm so stoked about my new Flip Video camera. I've basically wanted one since like last February when I contemplated buying one before I headed to the UK. I decided against it and bought myself a Mac laptop instead. Then I got uber-jealous of Emily's when I got to play with it when I visited her. I kept putting it off, and now I'm really glad I did. Apparently my parents had purchased a Flip cam for both my sister and I in August and then had to convince me not to buy my own until after Christmas!
I got a chance to play with it a little over the break. It's so easy to use! I'm uploading a video to YouTube right now. I love that I'll have a chance to film away from my computer. I'd forgotten how much of my childhood is on film, but since high school all I've had is pictures. Now I can get back to capturing the little things like playing cards with my family, or the reality of an Iowa winter, or goofing around with friends.
Oh and that's the other thing, my parents got a VHS to DVD converter. Which means, my parents are going through all our old family videos and converting them to DVD, and burning copies of stuff for us girls. It's been entertaining to hear about what old video they'd found and were watching. So far the piano recitals and choir concerts have been unintentionally funny. Can't wait to get my hands on those :)
Once the video is uploaded, I'll post it below :)
I got a chance to play with it a little over the break. It's so easy to use! I'm uploading a video to YouTube right now. I love that I'll have a chance to film away from my computer. I'd forgotten how much of my childhood is on film, but since high school all I've had is pictures. Now I can get back to capturing the little things like playing cards with my family, or the reality of an Iowa winter, or goofing around with friends.
Oh and that's the other thing, my parents got a VHS to DVD converter. Which means, my parents are going through all our old family videos and converting them to DVD, and burning copies of stuff for us girls. It's been entertaining to hear about what old video they'd found and were watching. So far the piano recitals and choir concerts have been unintentionally funny. Can't wait to get my hands on those :)
Once the video is uploaded, I'll post it below :)
Your cribbage board is weird. Cribbage boards need streets so you know when you get skunked (or worse, double skunked).
ReplyDeleteIt's labeled. If you look closely at the video you can see the corner closest to the camera says "skunk" with an arrow :)
ReplyDeleteAlso if you grow up using odd boards like I did, you don't know any different!
I got a Flip camera too. My father-in-law works for Cisco Systems (the makers) and has been talking about getting one for me and my sister-in-law for a while. It is so awesome and the videos are so great.
ReplyDelete