Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you're running in place? That has been the epitome of my week. I've been trying to get a class I'm teaching next week prepped since Monday. It's Friday, and I'm still not entirely done. I knew that I had things scheduled Tuesday-Thursday. Monday I got some stuff done. And then I got lucky, my schedule cleared out a little as things got canceled. But tasks and problems and meetings and parties just popped up to take over.
And somehow I find myself decently prepped for one class, but now I have homework to complete for an online course I'm co-developing for the summer. I don't know how I'm going to cope these first few weeks of the semester. I feel like I'm basically taking an online class, teaching one, developing another, trying to pull together a presentation proposal, oh, and dealing with everything else (i.e. daily grind stuff) at work including 1200 students returning. No big deal. Plus the crazy cold weather and multiple inches of snow we seem to be getting at once here. At least last winter the deal was either bitter cold or snow, not both in the same storm.
I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I know that I'll find a way to make it all work, and once I get back in the groove of teaching I'll love it again. The beginning of the semester is always hectic (she says as if 3 semesters is enough for proof of concept), but this semester seems worse that before. It'll be character building and great for professional development. We'll just see how great it is for my sanity!
And somehow I find myself decently prepped for one class, but now I have homework to complete for an online course I'm co-developing for the summer. I don't know how I'm going to cope these first few weeks of the semester. I feel like I'm basically taking an online class, teaching one, developing another, trying to pull together a presentation proposal, oh, and dealing with everything else (i.e. daily grind stuff) at work including 1200 students returning. No big deal. Plus the crazy cold weather and multiple inches of snow we seem to be getting at once here. At least last winter the deal was either bitter cold or snow, not both in the same storm.
I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I know that I'll find a way to make it all work, and once I get back in the groove of teaching I'll love it again. The beginning of the semester is always hectic (she says as if 3 semesters is enough for proof of concept), but this semester seems worse that before. It'll be character building and great for professional development. We'll just see how great it is for my sanity!
Comments
Post a Comment