Wow. A Things I Love Thursday, actually on a Thursday :)
Oh and sorry to anyone who got squeamish from that last post. I didn't realize it would bother people. Terribly sorry. No more gross posts like that.
- Red Glove--I just finished this book this week. I tore through it once I started it. It's not bad for the middle book of a trilogy. Enough plot to keep me interested. Plus I just love Cassel. I mean how can you not? Plus I really love the urban fantasy feel. It's a great warm up for the Welcome To Bordertown anthology that's near the top of my to-be-read-as-soon-as-I-get-my-hands-on-it list.
- my boss--There are so many reasons to love Mary Anne. This week it's been funny and wacky stories at lunch and during meetings. You should not have as much fun with your coworkers as I do.
- Seeing both Gretchen and Amy in the same weekend--On my way home from Apple Valley, I stopped by in Clear Lake to see Gretchen. She, being the amazing former roomie she is, fed me and then went out for ice cream and coffee with me. Sadly she didn't take me up on my offer to drive me home. I mean it's only a 3-hour drive back to Dubuque! ;)
- awkward movie references no one else in the room gets--Today I had a long committee meeting. We were talking about the accreditation plan that the university has to write in the future. It's a ways off yet, but you've got to start early. It took every ounce of my will not to giggle through the entire meeting. My boss kept referring to it as "The Plan" as if it were capitalized like that. And everyone freaking out about "The Plan" and showing it to other people. I about died. Of course no one else in the room had any idea or caught the awkward reference at all. Being a child of the late 90s has ruined that phrase for me forever.
- buying Glee singles last night--After listening to my Glee/Darren Criss/Sara Ramirez mix most of the way home Sunday, I realized I was missing a few Darren Criss songs. Plus I realized I totally needed Pure Imagination. And the finale Tuesday made For Good a must have too. They were such good splurges. I've listened to them too many times to count already today. :)
- Vampire Diaries--I promised Manda a while ago I'd catch up on this show. I started it when it first premiered and watched for a while before I got behind and then gave up on it. Since Monday I've watched 8 episodes. Apparently I watched more that first season than I thought because I still haven't caught up with where I left off. I think it's funny that I'm watching TVD and she's reading the Twilight series.
Oh and sorry to anyone who got squeamish from that last post. I didn't realize it would bother people. Terribly sorry. No more gross posts like that.
So that's The Plan. And now...I'm gonna go...and show The Plan...to someone else.
ReplyDeleteHaha...I would have been thinking the same thing. :) I'm glad you're catching the VD. *wink wink* ha. No, seriously - I'm glad you are watching TVD because I'll need someone to psychoanalyze season 2 with. :) woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteYou're watching TVD, I'm reading Twilight... who ARE we??